All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJoin mom and her son on one of their regular nature walks, as they play their favorite outdoor game, 'Am I like you?' As they happen upon and observe different birds along the trail, each with their own unique personality traits and behaviors, they consider which one they feel most like on that day--a journey t just of trail and terrain, but also of exploration into self-discovery, affinity and identity. As the story unfolds, young children will have the opportunity to see parts of themselves in the wonderfully-illustrated feathered friends, and ultimately be able to take a little quiz on a special dedicated title website, to see which birds they are most like. From rewned birding author, Laura Erickson and the Cornell Lab Publishing Group's very own President and author, Brian Scott Sockin, Am I Like You? is a wonderful new picture book that empowers parents and children to explore the world of birds together. As with all Cornell Lab Publishing Group books, 35% of the net proceeds from the sale of Am I Like You? goes directly to the Cornell Lab to support projects such as children's educational and community programs.
- Author BiographyLaura Erickson has been a scientist, teacher, writer, wildlife rehabilitator, blogger, public speaker, photographer, and Science Editor at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. She's written seven books about birds, including The Bird Watching Answer Book and the National Geographic Pocket Guide to Birds of North America. Laura is a National Outdoor Book Award winner, an editor of Bird Scope magazine and a columnist and contributing editor for Birdwatching Magazine. In 2014, she was awarded the prestigious Roger Tory Peterson Award for lifetime achievement in promoting the cause of birding by the American Birding Association. Laura also writes and produces a daily radio segment about birds. Laura lives in Duluth, Minnesota. Brian Scott Sockin has authored 7 books, including the children's title C.A.R.E. Treasury of Children's Folklore. Brian has a B.A. in Psychology from Binghamton University and M.B.A. from the Wharton School of Business. He is President of the Cornell Lab Publishing Group, which has afforded him a rare opportunity to pair his passion for nature and writing with his business career. Brian has worked intimately with the Cornell Lab of Ornithology for many years on numerous education and publishing initiatives, including the wildbirdclub.com family website. Brian is a native of upstate NY and now lives in Cary, NC with his family. Anna Rettberg is an illustrator and avid birder. In 2014, Anna was awarded a prestigious Bartels Illustration internship at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. A native of Upstate New York, she graduated from Syracuse University's Illustration program. Anna now lives in Seattle, WA, where she is a character artist for video games. In her free time she hikes in the Cascades and tries to familiarize herself with the birds of the Pacific Northwest.
- Author(s)Brian Scott Sockin,Laura Erickson
- PublisherPhoenix St. Claire Publishing, LLC
- Date of Publication09/08/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationApex, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPhoenix St. Claire Publishing, LLC
- Content NoteColor illustrations throughout
- Weight442 g
- Width248 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Anna Rettberg
- Format DetailsPicture book
- Interest AgeFrom 4
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.