All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $25.82Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $48.01Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $37.01Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- DescriptionWith colorful and accurate illustrations designed to engage young readers, this book implements an inquiry-style teaching method that discusses the characteristics that differentiate insects from other organisms.Byaskingifeach illustration shows an insect before providing information on each animal and how its characteristics do or do t classify it as an insect, the book encourages readers to participate, fromcounting the number of legs a creature hastoidentifying its body parts. Finishing with a summary of all insect characteristics, itasks the reader to decide if a snail is an insect based on what they have learned throughout the book. The inquiry styledemonstrated throughouthas been shown to be one of the most effective ways of engaging readers in the subject material and to teach children scientific thinking, making it easy for them to find characteristics of insects without adult assistance.
- Author BiographyKristine Duehl has a PhD in biology with a specialty in plant-insect interactions. She is trained in inquiry-based science education and has published peer-reviewed articles on the subject. She lives in Davis, California. Katy Castronovo is an artist and illustrator who uses a variety of techniques in her work, including photography, painting, drawing, and carving. She lives in Iowa City, Iowa.
- Author(s)Kristine Duehl
- PublisherBudding Biologist
- Date of Publication25/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBudding Biologist
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight118 g
- Width215 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Katy Castronovo
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.