All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSome amusement park rides are so extraordinary it's difficult to appreciate their incredible size and speed. In Amazing Amusement Park Rides, kids will get lots of help in understanding the big numbers behind some of the world's most awesome structures. For example, the Steel Dragon in Japan is the longest roller coaster in the world, covering 8,133 feet (2,479 m) of track. That's just a number, but when you kw that if the roller coaster were laid out in one straight line it would stretch across 27 football fields placed end to end, you have a better idea of what the number actually means! Packed with large, dynamic photos and fun facts, Amazing Amusement Park Rides is sure to delight young readers as they explore the numbers behind the world's most incredible rides. Stat boxes on each spread provide a quick run-down of the key features of each building.
- Author(s)Meish Goldish
- PublisherBearport Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleSo Big Compared to What?
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBearport Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width208 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Paper over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.62Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.35
- AU $43.23Trending at AU $43.98
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.