All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEngineers design our modern world. They combine science and techlogy to create incredible vehicles, structures, and objects. This title examines amazing feats of civil engineering. Engaging text explores massive bridges, the worlds tallest skyscraper, and the Panama Canal. It also examines the engineers who made these projects a reality and traces the history of the discipline. Relevant sidebars, stunning photos, and a glossary aid readers understanding of the topic. A hands-on project and career-planning chart give readers a sense of what it takes to become an engineer. Additional features include a table of contents, a selected bibliography, source tes, and an index, plus essential facts about each featured feat of engineering. Aligned to Common Core Standards and correlated to state standards. Essential Library is an imprint of Abdo Publishing, a division of ABDO.
- Author(s)L E Carmichael
- PublisherEssential Library
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleGreat Achievements in Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEssential Library
- Content Notecolour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight544 g
- Width246 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.