Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.00+ AU $8.00 postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by manyhills
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.24
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionOn a warm May night in San Francisco, the Ritz-Carlton ballroom shimmers with crystal and silver as a glittering, celebrity-studded crowd gathers for a charity dinner dance. The evening is perfect-until, just minutes before midnight, the room begins to sway. Glass shatters. And as the lights go out, people begin to scream.... In the earthquake's aftermath, the lives of four strangers will converge.... Sarah Sloane, the beautiful wife of a financial whiz, watches her perfect world fall to pieces.... Grammy-winning singer Melanie Free, the event's headliner, comes to a turning point in her life and career.... Photographer Everett Carson, a former war correspondent whose personal demons have demoted him to covering society parties, finds new purpose amid the carnage...and Sister Maggie Kent, a nun who rmally works in jeans and high-tops with the homeless, searches through the rubble-and kws instantly that there is much work to be done.... As the city staggers back to life, a chain reaction of extraordinary events will touch each of the survivors.... For Sarah, it begins with the discovery of a crime and a betrayal, then a strength she never knew she had. For Melanie, volunteering at a refugee camp will open new worlds of possibility. And Everett will be shaken by the unlikely relationship he forges with Maggie, who helps him rebuild his shattered life-and upends her own in the process. But as a year passes, and the anniversary of the earthquake approaches, more surprises are in store-as each discovers the unexpected gifts in a tragedy's wake...and the amazing grace of new beginnings. Throughout these enthralling pages, Danielle Steel creates a stunning array of contrasts-from the dazzle of a society benefit to the chaos of a makeshift hospital, from the pampered lives of rock stars to the quiet heroism of emergency volunteers. It is her most powerful and life-affirming vel to date.
- Author BiographyDanielle Steel has been hailed as one of the world's most popular authors, with over 650 million copies of her novels sold. Her many international bestsellers include Country, Prodigal Son, Pegasus, A Perfect Life, Power Play, Winners, First Sight, Until the End of Time, The Sins of the Mother, and other highly acclaimed novels. She is also the author of His Bright Light, the story of her son Nick Traina's life and death; A Gift of Hope, a memoir of her work with the homeless; Pure Joy, about the dogs she and her family have loved; and the children's book Pretty Minnie in Paris.
- Author(s)Danielle Steel
- PublisherDelacorte Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelacorte Press
- Out-of-print date20/04/2017
- Weight581 g
- Width168 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.