All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSeafarer Marlin Bree captures the poetry of the seagull's flight, the majesty of its soaring wings, and its amusing antics as gulls gregariously interact with humans. Through black-and-white digital stop-sequence photography, this tribute introduces their habits and habitats, their special abilities, and their remarkable intelligence. Via detailed drawings and illustrations, Bree examines the gulls' wings of wonder and how they achieve their amazing sense of air, control their soaring and hovering, and remain aloft over great distances. The work also recounts fascinating legends that have sprung up over the years about gulls and their mystical symbolism in life and death, as well as lighthearted stories, such as that of Sam, a gull who walks into a seafront store and picks up the same brand bag of chips day after day.
- Author BiographyMarlin Bree is a veteran boater and the author of 'Alone Against the Atlantic', 'Wake of the Green Storm', 'Call of the North Wind', and 'In the Teeth of the Northeaster'. He lives in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Author(s)Marlin Bree
- PublisherMarlor Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationSt Paul, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMarlor Press
- Content Note74 b/w photos & 6 b/w illus
- Weight196 g
- Width228 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.