All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $15.54Trending at AU $17.98
About this product
- DescriptionFor lovers of horses and trivia alike, Amazing Horse Facts and Trivia is a colorful book packed with fascinating facts, from physical characteristics and folklore to safety tips and horse-care musts. Over 400 nuggets of information are taken from all areas of the equine world--from the pages of science journals to the ringside of a rodeo. Amazing Horse Facts and Trivia also includes practical advice on riding and showing horses, and encourages appreciation and respect for these most magnificent beasts.From wild horses to domesticated, from thoroughbreds to ponies, this book covers the differences and similarities between members of the equine family. Colors and markings, including dopples, stripes, and Palomis, are identified with colorful photographs and illustrations. The legs, feet, eyes, teeth, and hair of horses are discussed at length with tips on how to care for each part of a horse's body. Tips for riders and owners on the care and feeding of their horses provides a useful reference, as well as discussion on the tack and attire necessary for riders to be comfortable and safe atop a steed.Amazing Horse Facts and Trivia should serve as a valuable resource for those who are new to the world of horses, as well as professional horsemen who want an educational tool for their clients and perhaps themselves. Besides a plethora of amazing horse facts, feats, and trivia, you will get an overview of the horse industry, including information about equine terms, breeds, history, competitions, safety, buying, riding, health care, and management.
- Author BiographyGary Mullen is Associate Professor and Division Chair of the Equestrian Studies Department at William Woods University, Fulton, MO. He has trained over 40 National Champion Andalusians, and is a licensed judge for Andalusians and Friesians. Gary is also a certified therapeutic riding instructor, and recently hosted the first Equestrian Special Olympics Invitational for the state of Missouri.
- Author(s)Gary Mullen
- PublisherChartwell Books
- Date of Publication17/06/2015
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChartwell Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width160 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.