All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second of our series with the New England Aquarium, Amazing Jellies presents an entertaining and authoritative look into the little-kwn world of what we commonly, but incorrectly, have kwn as jellyfish. Jellies are among the most beautiful and unusual animals on earth. They are present in all the oceans of the world and their fossils have been found in rocks 650 million years old. They have brain, liver, kidneys, heart, lungs, or gills. They do t need blood, have eyes, se or tongue. They can be lethal and are nearly always beautiful. Disappearing Giants: The North Atlantic Right Whale was our first collaboration with the New England Aquarium, and with the same depth and clarity, Amazing Jellies provides the reader with a thorough understanding of jellies and their role in the ocean. The book takes advantage of the most recent research into jellies, which explores how climate change and global warming are affecting the sea jellies of the world, as well as the rest of us. Beautiful colour photographs accompany a clearly written and wide-ranging text.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Gowell is a former marine educator at the New England Aquarium and author of many books.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Gowell
- PublisherBunker Hill Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2004
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationPiermont
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBunker Hill Publishing Inc
- Out-of-print date30/01/2013
- Content Notefull-colour illustrations throughout
- Weight113 g
- Width254 mm
- Height154 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.