All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionAmazing Tales from the 2004 Boston Red Sox Dugout is a different kind of look back at the incredible championship season--through the eyes of the players involved. It is packed full of anecdotes, quotes, and perspectives from each member of the team, presented in the context of their on-field heroics. The book includes intimate snapshots of particularly relevant moments--rare glimpses behind the scenes--in order bring you back to the moment. This was a group of bona fide characters who showed great character in facing every challenge put before them--including overcoming a three games to ne deficit in the ALCS against their archrivals. The season had more than its share of the humorous, the poignant, and the downright weird. Thanks to an unconventional and irreverent--but effective--approach to the game, the underdog 2004 Red Sox captured the imagination of New England and the entire nation. In their quixotic quest, they defied an ancient curse and slew the hated Yankees en route to the October Classic and a meeting with the St. Louis Cardinals. Amazing Tales from the 2004 Boston Red Sox Dugout is a personal and informal look at the first Red Sox team to win a World Series championship in 86 frustrating years. Like the team itself, it is quirky; but also like the team, it is a winner. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Sports Publishing imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in sports--books about baseball, pro football, college football, pro and college basketball, hockey, or soccer, we have a book about your sport or your team. Whether you are a New York Yankees fan or hail from Red Sox nation; whether you are a die-hard Green Bay Packers or Dallas Cowboys fan; whether you root for the Kentucky Wildcats, Louisville Cardinals, UCLA Bruins, or Kansas Jayhawks; whether you route for the Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, or Los Angeles Kings; we have a book for you. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyJim Prime has authored or coauthored more than a dozen books on baseball including Ted Williams' Hit List (with Ted Williams) and The Little Red (Sox) Book with Bill Spaceman Lee, and Fenway Park at 100: Baseball's Hometown with Bill Nowlin.
- Author(s)Jim Prime
- PublisherSports Publishing LLC
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Series TitleTales from the Team
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSports Publishing LLC
- Content NoteColor illustrations, 25 B&W illustrations
- Weight357 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.