All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIsn't it a wonderful thing to contemplate that as far as we can tell (and the photos are all far too fuzzy to prove otherwise) that you just may be the most intricate thing in the universe...or at least our solar system? Do you get goose bumps when you think about how two single cells could have gotten together, eventually turning into the magnificent you that you turned into...and just what is a goose bump anyway...and what are they good for? And for you anatomy fans...it is admittedly a stellar occasion if you can recall (especially during a test) that the small spaces between the nerves in the brain are called synapses, but doesn't it add meaning to the motony to discover that crossing those synapses, the electrical impulses that allow you to sense, and then dodge a pesky mosquito, travel through the brain at a little over 240 mph, and that this same impulse will travel 4 inches inside your head in approximately the same amount of time that it takes a car traveling at 60 mph to roll over a postage stamp stuck to the road? Yes? You're going to love this book.
- Author BiographyMike Bell spends most of his time in or about the thriving metropolis of Orem, Utah, generally lecturing pre-med students on the wonders of the human body (anatomy and physiology instructor), or certifying them in C.P.R. and First Aid (through the American Red Cross). Any spare time is spent photographing the amazing scenery, wildlife, and occasional human for which Utah is famous, and even peddling a few prints through his burgeoning business called Slice of Time Photography (.net). He also owns his own home, is extremely kind to his pets, and likes long walks on the beach.
- Author(s)Mike Bell
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication16/12/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.