All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionOver 40 hands-on recipes to develop and deploy real-world applications using Amazon EC2 About This Book * Design and build applications using Amazon EC2 and a range of supporting AWS tools * Find highly effective solutions to your AWS Cloud-based application development, deployment, and infrastructural issues * A comprehensive set of recipes to implement your product's functional and n-functional requirements Who This Book Is For This book is targeted at Cloud-based developers who have prior exposure to AWS concepts and features. Some experience in building small applications and creating some proof-of-concept applications is required. What You Will Learn * Select and configure the right EC2 instances * Create, configure, and secure a Virtual Private Cloud * Create an AWS CloudFormation template * Use AWS Identity and Access Management to secure access to EC2 instances * Configure auto-scaling groups using CloudWatch * Choose and use the right data service such as SimpleDB and DynamoDB for your cloud applications * Access key AWS services using client tools and AWS SDKs * Deploy AWS applications using Docker containers In Detail Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service that provides flexible and resizable compute capacity in the cloud. The main purpose of Amazon EC2 is to make web-scale cloud computing easier for the developers. It offers developers and companies the raw building blocks like load balancers, object stores and virtual machines running on general hardware (that is, Amazon runs a multitude of hardware components but presents them as a generic utility to its users) with accessible APIs in order to create scalable software products This book covers designing, developing, and deploying scalable, highly available, and secure applications on the AWS platform. By following the steps in the recipes, you will be able to effectively and systematically resolve issues related to development, deployment, and infrastructure for enterprise-grade cloud applications or products. This book starts with helping you choose and configure the right EC2 instances to meet your application-specific requirements. The book then moves on to creating a CloudFormation template and will teach you how to work with stacks. You will then be introduced to using IAM services to configure users, groups, roles, and multi-factor authentication. You will also learn how to connect AD to AWS IAM. Next, you will be using AWS data services and accessing other AWS services including Route 53, Amazon S3, and AWS SES (Amazon Simple Email Service). Finally, you will be deploying AWS applications using Docker containers. Style and approach This book contains a rich set of recipes that cover t only the full spectrum of real-world cloud application development using Amazon EC2, but also the services and security of the applications. The book contains easy-to-follow recipes with step-by-step instructions to leverage EC2 within your applications.
- Author BiographySekhar Reddy is a technology generalist. He has deep expertise in Windows, Unix, Linux OS, and programming languages, such as Java, C# , and Python. Sekhar possesses 8 years of experience in designing large-scale systems/pipelines using REST, cloud technologies, NoSQL, relational databases, and big data technologies. He enjoys new ways of solving difficult problems and brings the same kind of enthusiasm to design and code. He loves implementing innovative ideas, working on exciting products, and writing efficient code. His current interests include IoT platforms, distributed systems, cloud computing, big data technologies, and web-scale applications. Sekhar is working with a high-end technology consulting company, Mactores Innovations, as a senior research engineer, and has a MS in computer science from Kakatiya University. Aurobindo Sarkar is actively working with several start-ups in the role of CTO/technical director. With a career spanning more than 22 years, he has consulted at some of the leading organizations in the US, the UK, and Canada. He specializes in software-as-a-service product development, cloud computing, big data analytics, and machine learning. His domain expertise is in financial services, media, public sector, mobile gaming, and automotive sectors. Aurobindo has been actively working with technology startups for over 5 years now. As a member of the top leadership team at various startups, he has mentored several founders and CxOs, provided technology advisory services, developed cloud strategy, product roadmaps, and set up large engineering teams. Aurobindo has an MS (computer science) from New York University, M.Tech (management) from Indian Institute of Science, and B.Tech (engineering) from IIT Delhi.
- Author(s)Aurobindo Sarkar,Sekhar Reddy
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication27/11/2015
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.