All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $178.29Trending at AU $199.99
- AU $26.36Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.30
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $25.08
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.88
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.70
About this product
- DescriptionAmazonia is an extraordinary book of Brazilian folk tales that combines the authentic voice of Munduruku, an Indian who grew up in the Amazon rainforest, with the imagined Amazon of Russia s foremost children s book illustrator. Mermaids, serpents, tigers, snakes, flying men, witches extraordinary creatures from the world s most important jungle live on in these tales. The stories are fascinating, and sometimes startling, as protagonists are killed off or transformed into animals or rise up precipitously into the heavens. More than just rollicking adventures, they offer a parama of experience conflict and death, love and seduction, greed and gluttony, hunting and fishing, cooking and caring for plants and describe the origins of the natural world. Munduruku s storytelling and Popov s imagination bring us the tales of the people of the Amazon in all their magic wonder.
- Author BiographyDaniel Munduruku is the author of Tales of the Amazon: How the Munduruku Indians Live and numerous other collections of fables and legends from Brazil. Nikolai Popov is a gifted artist and is also widely regarded as one of the best children s book illustrators in Russia. He was nominated for the Hans Christian Andersen Award in 2008. He lives in Moscow.
- Author(s)Daniel Munduruku
- PublisherGroundwood Books
- Date of Publication23/04/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintGroundwood Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width196 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Nikolai Popov
- Translated byJane Springer
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.