Ambient Assisted Living: Italian Forum 2013 by Springer International Publishing AG (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $221.85+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $40.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the refereed proceedings of the Fourth Italian Forum on Ambient Assisted Living (AAL), held in Ancona, Italy, in October 2013. A wide range of issues are covered and new techlogical developments are described which will support the automy and independence of individuals with special needs through an invative and integrated approach, designed to respond to the socio-ecomic challenges of an aging population. Topics addressed include: health and well-being, prevention and rehabilitation and support for care providers; active aging and its social implications; services for the frail elderly with health problems and their families; nutrition; ICT platforms/techlogies for the benefit of the elderly; home automation and control techlogies (automy, safety and energy saving); smart cities and smart communities; telemedicine, telerehabilitation, and telecare; mobility, participation and social inclusion; games and fun for the elderly; building design; social housing; interface design and interaction (accessibility, acceptance); social policies to encourage and support active aging; business models, market analysis and development of sustainable financing and business and ethics, privacy and data protection. Many experimental validations based on user trials and usability testing are presented and discussed. The kwledge and insights provided in this book will help researchers and others involved in AAL to understand relevant societal trends, vel techlogical developments and pressing challenges.
- Author BiographySauro Longhi is Full Professor of Automation Engineering at the Polytechnic University of Marche and Director of the Information Engineering Department. His main research interests are the model based control, fault diagnosis , unmanned systems and renewable energy. He published more than 300 papers on international journal and conferences. He was the CEO of a spin-off company focused on green energy. Pietro Siciliano is currently director of Research at the Institute for Microelectronics and Microsystems (IMM-CNR) at CNR, where he has been working from many years in the field of Sensors, MEMS, Microsystems, being in charge of the Sensors and Microsystems group. He is member of the Steering Committee of AISEM, the Italian Association on Sensors and Microsystems. He is author of about 250 scientific papers.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication28/05/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note140 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight777 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byAndrea Monteriu,Michele Germani,Pietro Siciliano,Sauro Longhi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.