All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionThis provocative memoir chronicles Garfinkel's travels in Israel and Palestine and his journey away from a Zionist education in Toronto. After a screening of a Palestinian film, he meets a Palestinian woman who tells him about a house in Israel occupied by an Arab and a Jew. The story compels him to travel to Israel and the West Bank in search of the house with the hopes of discovering a truer sense of life in the Middle East. But the address she's given him doesn't exist, and thing is as simple as it seemed...Bringing to light the complexities of real life as opposed to the religious or political ideal, this memoir questions what it really means to adhere to a culture or faith. Rife with riotous, sometimes surreal comedy, as well as tragic misunderstandings, Ambivalence offers a vivid and challenging portrait of life in Israel and Palestine.
- Author BiographyJonathan Garfinkel is a celebrated poet and playwright. Garfinkel's play Blind, about the divided house in Jerusalem, was presented in 2005 at Ottawa's National Arts Centre. His most recent play was The Trials of John Demeniuk: A Holocaust Cabaret. He lives in Toronto.
- Author(s)Jonathan Garfinkel
- PublisherSaqi Books
- Date of Publication11/02/2008
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSaqi Books
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.