All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmbrose and his friends flee for their lives from imperial Constantiple. The Grand Chamberlain wants them dead, and has dispatched an admiral and a fleet to dispose of them. The prince hopes to return to his native Wessex. Caught by pirates, they are enslaved on Crete, but manage to cause a slave rebellion and escape to Alexandria. The Byzantine fleet follows, and Ambrose is forced to flee across all of North Africa. They are forced to fight mercenaries, Tuareg raiders, and the open desert. Finally, a Muslim slave trader sneaks them into southern Italy, but even there the chase is far from over.
- Author BiographyBruce Corbett divides his time between his home on Ile Perrot, just west of Montreal, and his wife's family cottage in scenic Entralac, Quebec. After counselling teenagers and adults for over 40 years, he retired to concentrate on his writing and photography. To date, he has written a collection of Science Fiction short stories, which are now available individually or as a newly-released ebook. Two Science Fiction novels await the final editing. The project closest to his heart, however, is his series of historical novels based on a fictional hero, Ambrose, a Prince of Wessex, set in the time of Alfred the Great. There are now nine novels in the series.
- Author(s)Bruce Corbett
- Date of Publication27/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.46
- AU $72.93Trending at AU $75.10
- AU $74.56Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.