Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionAmerica Besieged deals with the underlying forces within U.S. society that deeply affect our lives. Showing how we are being misled and harmed by those who profess to have our interests at heart, Michael Parenti writes: We are indeed a nation besieged, t from without but from within, t subverted from below but from above; the moneyed power exercises a near mopoly influence over our political life, over the ecomy, the state, and the media. Some Americans are astonished to hear of it. Others have had their suspicions, although they may t be quite sure how it all adds up. This book invites the reader to stop blaming the powerless and poor and, in that good old American phrase, start 'following the money.' That is the first and most important step toward lifting the siege and bringing democracy back to life. Michael Parenti, one of America's most astute and entertaining political analysts, is the author of Against Empire; Dirty Truths; Blackshirts and Reds: Rational Fascism and the Overthrow of Communism; Democracy for the Few; Land of Idols: Political Mythology in America; and many other books. Michael Parenti is considered one of the nation's leading progressive thinkers. He received his Ph.D. in political science from Yale University in 1962, and has taught at a number of colleges and universities. His writings have been featured in scholarly journals, popular periodicals, and newspapers, and articles and books of his have been translated into Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, German, Polish, Portuguese, and Turkish. .
- Author BiographyMichael Parenti, PhD Yale, is an internationally known author and lecturer. He is one of the nation's leadiing progressive political analysts. He is the author of over 250 published articles and seventeen books. His writings are published in popular periodicals, scholarly journals, and his op-ed pieces have been in leading newspapers such as the New York Times and the Los Angeles Times. His informative and entertaining books and talks have reached a wide range of audiences in North America and abroad.
- Author(s)Michael Parenti
- PublisherCity Lights Books
- Date of Publication22/06/1998
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationMonroe, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCity Lights Books
- Out-of-print date08/06/2010
- Weight242 g
- Width124 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.