All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionIt is a land sown with dreams and plowed with nightmares. It shelters the imaginary horizons of the explorers, the conquerors, the missionaries. The real Latin America is coupled with the mythical Latin America and, everywhere, legends cloud the issues. A blend of cultures, religions, language and histories, Latin America is a fascinating continent. A source of both pleasure and kwledge, this richly illustrated volume goes to the common sources and links all of these regions through quotations from historical heroes, cultural icons and literary greats. Comprising more than twenty different countries, each with its own distinct and intense flavor, Latin America embodies a cultural richness that has long exerted a mysterious allure over the rest of the world. This insightful volume draws on music, literature and art to explore the complexities of these countries. From the Bues Aires of Jorge Luis Borges to the infinite spaces of Pablo Neruda, from the tango and bossa va to the Buena Vista Social Club, from the Virgin of Guadalupe to Frida Kahlo or Eva Peron, America Latina paints a compelling portrait of the region's soul. The exuberant spirit of Latin America bursts forth from every page of this lavish volume.
- Author BiographyFabienne Rousso-Lenoir is a journalist, filmmaker and lawyer. She lived in Latin America for many years and has served as the Secretary General of the International Federation of Human Rights Leagues. A regular contributor to ELLE magazine, she has also published several books, including Autorite et droits de l'homme: L'Europe et son double and Jonas, le prophete qui fuyait Dieu. Her film, Zahor (Remember), won the Gold Hugo Award for Best Documentary at the Chicago International Festival in 1996.
- Author(s)Fabienne Rousseau Lenoir
- Date of Publication15/05/2002
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Content Notecolour and b&w illustrations
- Weight1700 g
- Width237 mm
- Height309 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.