All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionWith falling wages and rising inequality, persistent unemployment, failing schools, and broken cities, have America s best days come and gone?<br/><br/>In <i>America Needs Talent</i>, Jamie Merisotis, a globally recognized leader in philanthropy, higher education, and public policy, explains why talent is needed to usher in a new era of invation and success, and why deliberate choices must be made by government, the private sector, education, and individuals to grow talent in America.<br/><br/>What if you paid for education based on what you actually learned, instead of the time you spent in class? What if your visa application was processed as if you were an asset to our nation s growing talent pool, instead of by Homeland Security? Merisotis proposes bold ideas to successfully deploy the world s most talented people from rethinking higher education to transforming immigration laws, revitalizing urban hubs, and encouraging private sector invation.<br/><br/>In this <b>updated and expanded second edition</b>, Merisotis explains how the educational and political developments of 2015 2016 have only increased our need for talent, and how state initiatives and global competition can bring us closer to our goals. The outlook may be gloomy w, but it doesn t need to be. The second American Century <i>can</i> happen by developing and deploying the next thinkers, makers, and risk takers who will power America s kwledge ecomy in the 21st century.
- Author(s)Jamie Merisotis
- Date of Publication04/10/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecharts
- Weight272 g
- Width124 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.