All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe Vietnam War was one of the most heavily documented conflicts of the twentieth century. Although the events themselves recede further into history every year, the political and cultural changes the war brought about continue to resonate, even as a new generation of Americans grapples with its own divisive conflict. America and the Vietnam War: Re-examining the Culture and History of a Generation reconsiders the social and cultural aspects of the conflict that helped to fundamentally change the nation. With chapters written by subject area specialists, America and the Vietnam War takes on subjects such as women's role in the war, the music and the films of the time, the Vietnamese perspective, race and the war, and veterans and post-traumatic stress disorder. Features include: * chapter summaries * timelines * discussion questions * guides to further reading * a companion website with primary source documents and tools (such as music and movie playlists) for both instructors and students. Heavily illustrated and welcoming to students and scholars of this infamous and pivotal time, America and the Vietnam War is a perfect companion to any course on the Vietnam War Era.
- Author BiographyAndrew A. Wiest is Professor of History and Director of International Studies at The University of Southern Mississippi. He is the author of Vietnam's Forgotten Army: Heroism and Betrayal in the ARVN. Mary Kathryn Barbier is Assistant Profesor of History at Mississippi State University. She is the author of D-Day Deception: Operation Fortitude and the Normandy Invasion. Glenn Robins is Associate Professor of History at Georgia Southwestern University. He is the author of The Bishop of the Old South: The Ministry and Civil War Legacy of Leonidas Polk.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/01/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables, 48 black & white halftones, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight572 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAndrew A. Wiest,Glenn Robins,Mary Kathryn Barbier
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.