All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is America becoming? Or, more importantly, what can she be if we reclaim a vision for the things that made her great in the first place? In America the Beautiful, Dr. Ben Carson helps us learn from our past in order to chart a better course for our future. From his personal ascent from inner-city poverty to international medical and humanitarian acclaim, Carson shares experiential insights that help us understand ...what is good about America ...where we have gone astray ...which fundamental beliefs have guided America from her founding into preeminence among nations Written by a man who has experienced America's best and worst firsthand, America the Beautiful is at once alarming, convicting, and inspiring. You'll gain new perspectives on our nation's origins, our Judeo-Christian heritage, our educational system, capitalism versus socialism, our moral fabric, healthcare, and much more. An incisive manifesto of the values that shaped America's past and must shape her future, America the Beautiful calls us all to use our God-given talents to improve our lives, our communities, our nation, and our world.
- Author BiographyBenjamin S. Carson, Sr., M.D. Dr. Carson is an emeritus professor of neurosurgery, oncology, plastic surgery, and pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. In 1984, he was named director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Children's Center from which he retired in 2013. In 2008, he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Through his philanthropic foundation, the Carson Scholars Fund, he strives to maximize the intellectual potential of every child. Dr. Carson has written six best-selling books, including two New York Times Bestsellers, America the Beautiful and One Nation: What We Can All Do to Save America's Future, which became a number one New York Times bestseller. He is a syndicated columnist and a highly sought-after, inspirational, and motivational speaker. Candy Carson is the co-founder (with her husband Ben) of the Carson Scholars Fund, a charity that recognizes and rewards high academic achievement and demonstrated humanitarian qualities. This organization was created in response to the US crisis in education. With the over 4300 scholars in 42 states, peers of the scholarship winners are now striving for higher academic results as well. Candy also serves on the board of the Shriver Concert Series of Johns Hopkins University. She has worked in editing, trust administration, insurance, and real estate, having earned her Masters in Business from Johns Hopkins. While her 3 sons were in their early teen years, she along with them formed the Carson 4, a string quartet which has performed at churches, and community and charitable events, nationally and internationally. In her spare time, Candy still enjoys reading books and reading music on violin and piano. She writes for THINK BIG, the newsletter for the Carson Scholars Fund, and conducts the University of Maryland Medical Center Chamber Players.
- Author(s)Ben Carson
- Date of Publication17/11/2015
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight244 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.