All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new and expanded third edition of American Accent Training with 5 new audio CDs has four all-new chapters that cover the psychology of accent acquisition, American voice quality, a pronunciation overview, and an ESL instructor's guide. The new CDs feature professional male and female voices that have been carefully selected to represent that perfect American accent. With 30 years of extensive research, the unique AAT methodology has been refined to teach the American sound quickly and easily, paying special attention to:
- Voice quality, with emphasis on accurate presentation of the authentic American sound
- Pronunciation, with attention to all vowels, consonants, blends, and diphthongs
- Intonation, which focuses on syllable stress rules and word stress in a sentence
- Linking, or liaisons between phonetically transcribed sounds so students can see the sound American Accent Training also offers detailed nationality guides for ten languages and accent variations: Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Spanish, French, German, Russian, Korean, Arabic, and the US Southern accent. Added features include access to comprehensive websites, and referral to a qualified telephone analyst for individual help. American Accent Training has been Americanizing the speaking habits of students and business people since 1991. Going where accent book has gone before, AAT continues to set the standard for anyone learning or teaching the American accent.
- Author(s)Ann Cook
- PublisherBarron's Educational Series Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationHauppauge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBarron's Educational Series Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width254 mm
- Height318 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and 5 Audio CDs
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.