All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionTo date, publication has represented the full scope of the American art collection at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. With the publication of American Art at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts , readers will be captivated by in-depth, scholarly essays and images highlighting selected works by such outstanding artists as John James Audubon, Thomas Hart Benton, Mary Cassatt, Frederic Edwin Church, John Singleton Copley, Winslow Homer, Edward Hopper, Fitz Henry Lane, Georgia O'Keeffe, Charles Willson Peale, Augustus Saint-Gaudens, John Singer Sargent, William Welmore Story, Henry Ossawa Tanner, and James McNeill Whistler. Also featured are decorative objects by well-kwn individuals and firms, including John Henry Belter, the Goddard-Townsend group, Herter Brothers, Paul Revere, Louis Comfort Tiffany, and Frank Lloyd Wright. American Art at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts features a comprehensive introduction tracing the evolution of the VMFA's American collection, the history and unique character of the museum as a public-private entity overseen by the Commonwealth of Virginia, and the developing cultural milieu of Richmond. More than one hundred essays that survey key eras encompassed by the VMFA's holdings - Colonial and Revolutionary, Early Republic and Jacksonian, Antebellum, Civil War and Centennial, Gilded Age, Early Modern, and the Interwar Years - provide a context for the lushly illustrated works, and celebrate, in words and images, the largest expansion in the VMFA's history.
- Author BiographyElizabeth O'Leary is the Associate Curator of American Art at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts; Sylvia Yount is the Louise B. and J. Harwood Cochrane Curator of American Art at the VMFA, and has lectured and published widely on late-nineteenth- and twentieth-century American art and culture: Susan J. Rawles is Assistant Curator of American Decorative Art at the VMFA; and David Park Curry is a former VMFA Curator of American Arts.
- Author(s)David Park Curry,Elizabeth O'Leary,Susan J. Rawles,Sylvia Yount
- PublisherVirginia Museum of Fine Arts,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/03/2010
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVirginia Museum of Fine Arts,U.S.
- Content Note360 colour & 60 b&w illustrations
- Weight2540 g
- Width229 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.