All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides the first independent examination of Dick Clark's landmark television show, American Bandstand . It is both a history of the show and the changing styles of rock 'n' roll music over four decades, and an examination of the business behind the show, revealing how Clark used his unique position as America's only nationally televised disc jockey to fashion a financial empire from within the pop music industry. Based on extensive interviews with music business figures, recording stars and Dick Clark himself, American Bandstand reveals what took place behind as well as in front of ABC-TV's cameras, and shares a story that few outside the show's inner circle knew existed.
- Author BiographyJohn A. Jackson is the author of the prize-winning Big Beat Heat: Alan Freed and the Early Years of Rock & Roll. He lives in Amity Harbor, New York.
- Author(s)John A.. Jackson
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/1999
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note16 pp halftones
- Weight540 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.