All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a massive collection of transcriptions representing the history of three-finger style five-string banjo playing up to the style's culmination with Earl Scruggs coming on the scene. This is a one-of-a-kind resource containing 49 transcriptions beginning with some of the style's earliest forms up through those that approach the fully developed Scruggs style. These solos, written in easy-to-read tablature, are also a great source of beginner to intermediate level arrangements that players will want to learn.Players will gain a deeper understanding of the structure as well as the significance of the Scruggs Style of banjo playing. These te-for-te transcriptions serve as a companion to the CD recording of the same title featuring such players as Snuffy Jenkins, Larry Richardson, Joe Stuart, Smiley Hobbs, Junie Scruggs, Mike Seeger, Eric Weissburg, Pete Kuykendall, Veronica (Roni) Stoneman Cox, and more. These field recordings were made on location in the hills and hollers of the Appalachian region in the late 1950's by Mike Seeter.
- Author(s)Steve Garner
- PublisherMel Bay Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication17/07/2007
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationMissouri
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMel Bay Publications,U.S.
- Weight236 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.