All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's safe to say that since the first appearance of Thomas McCraw's contribution to Harlan Davidson's American History Series in 2000, American business has taken some of the most dramatic, perhaps most incredible, turns in its history. Far more than an update, this edition of one of the most popular texts has been carefully revised and reorganised t only to include necessary new coverage but to present more fully and forcefully the book's central argument and major themes, making this new edition even more teachable for instructors and accessible to student readers. Unique in the market for its breadth of coverage and depth of analysis, this new edition of the uncommonly readable book by Pulitzer Prize-winning author Thomas K McCraw will continue as a classic supplementary text in a variety of undergraduate as well as graduate courses and seminars. Featuring three banks of striking photographs and a completely up-to-date bibliographic essay, this compact, enjoyable work will be highly appreciated by all students of U.S. business history and the art of administration.
- Author BiographyThomas K. McCraw is the Straus Professor of Business History Emeritus at Harvard Business School. Among the many books he has written or co-authored are Prophet of Innovation: Joseph Schumpeter and Creative Destruction, which in 2008 was awarded the Hagley Prize for Business History, the Spengler Prize in the History of Economics and the biennial award given by the International Schumpeter Society; Creating Modern capitalism: How Entrepeneurs, Companies, and Countries Triumphed in Three Industrial Revolutions (1997); Management Past and Present: A Casebook in American Business History (1996); American Versus Japan: A Comparative Study of Business-Government Relations (1986), and Prophets of Regulation, which won the Pulitzer Prize in History in 1985 and the triennial Thomas Newcomen Book Award in 1986. He has served as editor of the Business History Review, as associate editor of The Encyclopedia of the United States in the Twentieth Century, and as president and trustee of the Business History Conference. He has been a member of the Board of Syndics of Harvard University Press, the Council of the Massachusetts Historical Society, the advisory board of Nomura School of Advanced Management (Tokyo), and the editorial boards of Reviews in American History and Harvard Business Review.
- Author(s)Thomas K. McCraw
- PublisherHarlan Davidson Inc
- Date of Publication11/01/2008
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWheeling IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarlan Davidson Inc
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight386 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.