All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe American Catholic Church has received much negative press in recent years, from priest abuse scandals to the investigation of nuns. But the heart of the church runs much deeper than these challenges, and the Catholic faith in America continues to evolve. American Catholics in Transition paints a vibrant picture of the diverse church today, outlining changes in the past as well as looking toward continuity and change in the future. The book looks at provocative topics facing Catholics today, including views on church authority, women's' role in the church, how Catholicism interacts with politics, how millennials and Hispanics are shaping the church, and more.
- Author BiographyWilliam V. D'Antonio is research professor of sociology at The Catholic University of America and a Fellow of the Institute for Policy Research and Catholic Studies. He is the co-author or co-editor of fifteen books, including American Catholics Today. Michele Dillon is professor and chair in the Department of Sociology at the University of New Hampshire, and President of the Society for the Scientific Study of Religion. She is the author of a number of books including Catholic Identity: Balancing Reason, Faith, and Power, and In the Course of a Lifetime: Tracing Religious Belief, Practice, and Change (co-author Paul Wink). In 2012, she was the JE and Lillian Byrne Tipton Distinguished Visiting Professor in Catholic Studies, at the University of California Santa Barbara. Mary L. Gautier is senior research associate at the Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate at Georgetown University. She is coauthor of a number of books, most recently Same Call, Different Men: The Evolution of the Priesthood Since Vatican II.
- Author(s)Mary L. Gautier,Michele Dillon,William V. D'Antonio
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication09/05/2013
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width154 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.