American Constitutional Law: Essays, Cases, and Comparative Notes: v. 1 by Gary J. Jacobsohn, John E. Finn, Donald P. Kommers (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $119.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $134.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmerican Constitutional Law: Essays, Cases, and Comparative Notes is a unique casebook that encourages citizens and students of the Constitution to think critically about the fundamental principles and policies of the American constitutional order. In addition to its distinguished authorship, the book has two prominent features that set it apart from other books in the field: an emphasis on the social, political, and moral theory that provides meaning to constitutional law and interpretation, and a comparative perspective that situates the American experience within a world context that serves as an invaluable prism through which to illuminate the special features of our own constitutional order. While the focus of the book is entirely on American constitutional law, the book asks students to consider what, if anything, is unique in American constitutional life and what we share with other constitutional democracies. Each chapter is preceded by an introductory essay that highlights these major themes and also situates the cases in their proper historical and political contexts. This new edition offers updated and expanded treatment of a number of important and timely topics, including gerrymandering and campaign finance. Volume 1 of this text focuses on governmental structures and relationships and includes a chapter on elections and political representation.
- Author BiographyDonald P. Kommers is Joseph and Elizabeth Robbie Professor of Political Science and professor of law emeritus at Notre Dame University. John E. Finn is professor of government at Wesleyan University. Gary J. Jacobsohn is H. Malcolm MacDonald Professor in Constitutional and Comparative Law in the Department of Government at University of Texas at Austin.
- Author(s)Donald P. Kommers,Gary J. Jacobsohn,John E. Finn
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Notecharts
- Weight1026 g
- Width207 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.21Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.