All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThrough this book the authors show students that examining components of a (that of the US) political system comparatively allows political scientists to better see and learn the ways in which government is unique as well as see how other democracies function differently and successfully. This learning through contrast t only enriches students' understanding of their own political system, but this comparative context has become increasingly important as students see themselves as global citizens, competing and engaging in what is truly a globalized world and workforce. Unfortunately few American government texts offer much in the way of comparison to other countries and comparative politics books don't always situate the US in their analysis. This book fills that void with a crisply written and brief supplement.
- Author BiographyLori Poloni-Staudinger, PhD, is an Associate Professor and Chair in the Department of Politics and International Affairs at Northern Arizona University. She specializes in citizen participation, at the individual and group levels, and political contention, particularly in democratic settings. Much of her work looks at gender in various contexts. She is the recent author, with Candice Ortbals, of Terrorism and Violent Conflict: Women's Agency, Leadership and Responses (2012, Springer). Michael R. Wolf (PhD Indiana University 2002) is an Associate Professor in the Department of Political Science at Indiana University - Purdue University Fort Wayne. His research focuses on comparative and American public opinion and political behavior. He has recently published on the nature and effects of political discussion in democracies and the dynamics of political compromise and political incivility. He is a research partner with the Kettering Foundation, a research fellow with the Mike Downs Center for Indiana Politics, and former Lugar Senior Fellow.
- Author(s)Lori Poloni-Staudinger,Michael R. Wolf
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication08/04/2015
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.