All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecognized as one of the outstanding academic books published in 1982, American Educators' Encyclopedia has w been revised to reflect a decade of change. More than 200 items have been added to serve the needs of today's educators. Additions range from Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, Attention Deficit Disorders, various computer languages and statistical packages, Schema Theory, and Teacher Warranty Program, to Zero Rejection. One-third of the original items have been significantly updated or deleted. The authors have diligently kept the same characteristic and quality of the first edition, which provided readers with a quick, accurate understanding of education terms and a ready reference for further direction. The revised American Educators' Encyclopedia is an excellent reference for today's teacher and parent. Additions, updating, and deletions in this second edition reflect the vast changes in American education within the past decade. The original format, proving so successful, has t been changed. References follow each item, and a variety of appendices cover a range of areas. The length and language of each item gives the reader a concise understanding that allows for accessible, comprehensive referencing.
- Author BiographyEDWARD L. DEJNOZKA (deceased) was Dean of the College of Education at the University of Nebraska-Omaha and later was Professor of Education at Florida Atlantic University. DAVID E. KAPEL is Dean of the School of Education and Related Professional Studies at Glassboro State College, Glassboro, New Jersey. He has published over 60 articles and technical reports in his field. He was honored as one of 70 Leaders in Teacher Education by the Association of Teacher Educators at their annual meeting in Las Vegas, 1990. He published the original edition of the American Educators' Encyclopedia in 1982 with Edward L. Dejnozka. Dr. Kapel is the senior editor of the Urban Review. CHARLES S. GIFFORD is Professor of Curriculum and Instruction at the University of New Orleans. He has published extensively in professional journals such as Contemporary Education, The Clearing House, and Reading Improvement. Dr. Gifford co-authored Trends and Issues Affecting Curriculum and Test-Taking Made Easier. MARILYN B. KAPEL is Principal of Kellman Academy in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. She was an Associate Professor of Education at Our Lady of Holy Cross College, New Orleans. Her publications include Case Study of a Teacher Effectiveness Based Reading Program and Improving Reading Competence of City Housing Authority Personnel: A Diversified Approach.
- Author(s)Charles S. Gifford,David E. Kapel,Edward L. Dejnozka,Marilyn B. Kapel
- Date of Publication25/09/1991
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight2068 g
- Width224 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.