Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis new Companion surveys the traditions and conventions of the dark side of American culture - its repressed memories, its anxieties and panics, its horrors and fears, its obsessions and paraias. Featuring new critical essays by established and emerging academics from a range of backgrounds, this collection offers new discussions and analyses of canical and lesser-kwn texts in literature and film, television, photography, and video games. Its scope ranges from the earliest manifestations of American Gothic traditions in frontier narratives and colonial myths, to its recent responses to contemporary global events.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Jason Haslam is Associate Professor of English at Dalhousie University, past-president of the Canadian Association for American Studies, and president-elect of the Association of Canadian College and University Teachers of Engfish. Joel Faflak is Professor and Director, School for Advanced Studies in the Arts and Humanities at the University of Western Ontario.
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication20/01/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleEdinburgh Companions to the Gothic
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJason Haslam,Joel Faflak
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.