Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past three decades, author Abdallah Taha, MD, FACS has witnessed medicine move from the realms of hospital boards of directors to corporate boardroom antics fueled by bottom lines and stock market schemes. In his third book, The American Health System, he points a disapproving finger at HMOs, insurance companies, and their CEOs. Taking it a step further, Dr. Taha offers well thought-out and decisive initiatives to realign the United States on an appropriate course to solve rampant healthcare woes. In plainspoken laymen's terms and twenty-five highly readable chapters, he introduces a bicameral system encompassing both a comprehensive universal healthcare system the majority of the general public would enjoy, in addition to a private structure that affluent citizens could pay for of their own volitions. Anecdotal and straightforward, the good doctor provides readers real answers to the question of how to assist the forty-seven million uninsured Americans.
- Author BiographyA graduate of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Abdallah Taha has been a member of the American College of Surgeons since 1984. A board certified general surgeon, he is a past president, chief surgeon, and chairman of surgery at Greenville hospital, and an attending surgeon at Christ hospital, in Jersey City, New Jersey. Currently, he's the director of a multi-specialty group called Clifton Medical Center in Clifton, New Jersey. He is the author of The Mediterranean Farmer's Son's Diet, and How to Live Healthy after 40.
- Author(s)Abdallah Taha
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication27/07/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.