Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.91Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.60Trending at AU $37.24
About this product
- SynopsisAmerican Kennel Club Dog Care and Training Sharing life with a dog is one of life's greatest pleasures. For the first-time owner--in fact, for every dog owner--the experience should be a long and memorable voyage of happy discovery. As with any learning experience, you must have the proper knowledge and skills to successfully choose and raise your new friend. That's exactly what the experts at the American Kennel Club had in mind when they created this book. Here--packed with great photographs of purebred dogs--is everything you need to know before and after you bring your new pet home. From selecting the right dog to keeping it healthy (as well as looking terrific), American Kennel Club Dog Care and Training is the one dog book you'll always be glad to have close at hand. A Howell Dog Book of Distinction,This text contains advice on selecting a dog, what papers really mean and how to care for a puppy. It considers the care essentials - feeding, training, breeding and preventive health care.
- AuthorAmerican Kennel Club Staff
- Number Of Pages224 pages
- SeriesAmerican Kennel Club
- Publication Date1991-10-10
- PublisherWiley & Sons, Incorporated, John
- Copyright Date1991
- Weight15.1 Oz
- Height0.6 In.
- Width5.9 In.
- Length9.2 In.
- LC Classification NumberSF427.A655 1991
- Dewey Decimal636.7
- Dewey Edition20
Table Of Content
- Table Of ContentAcknowledgments. Introduction. 1. Before You Get a Dog. 2. Those in the Know. 3. Getting Started. 4. Living with Your Dog. 5. Training. 6. Competitions for You and Your Dog. 7. Breeding. 8. Illness: Signs and Symptoms. 9. First Aid. The Dog's External and Skeletal Anatomy. Appendix I: Clubs. Appendix II: Titles. Glossary. Bibliography.
Most relevant reviews
- 887522545@delet...10 May, 2009by
I felt if any book would show me and guide me threw owning a new puppy this would be the book. I haven't read it yet because I just got it in the mail, but I'm sure this will be a good book to read.
- davorsuman05 Sep, 2010by
Nice book for minimum price
Very interesting book. It gives you basics about dog training and other important tips for beginer like me. No complaints at all.Highly recommended.
- whisperingpine06 Feb, 2011by
AKC Dog Care and Training by American Kennel Club
I purchased it for my 7 year old grandson; book is excellent for adults but a bit too advanced for a 7 year old.