CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the sea to shining sea, the United States of America is a storied country full of life, liberty, and the pursuit of artistic happiness! Children will love learning about this great country as they learn to draw many of its diverse locations, monuments, and iconic figures. Learn to Draw American Landmarks & Historical Heroes features step-by-step instructions for drawing the very symbols of freedom, such as the American Flag, The White House, the Statue of Liberty, and the National Monument. In addition, the book will feature instructions for drawing the flags and various symbols from each state, such as California's Golden Gate Bridge and New York's Empire State Building. Historical figures, including George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Paul Revere, round out this informative and educational drawing book that is packed with fun facts, easy-to-follow instructions, and lots of patriotic spirit.
- Author BiographyMaury Aaseng has always been excited about drawing and art. After graduating with a BFA in graphic design from the University of Minnesota--Duluth, he moved to San Diego to begin an illustration career. His freelance work over the last eight years has spanned a variety of subject matter and styles. The range of his work has included anatomical illustration and cartoons for medical textbooks, informative illustrations for young adult nonfiction, custom watercolor work for independent authors, and logo design and creation. The variety has continued to fuel the creative spark that makes illustration work rewarding for him. In 2010, his artwork was featured in the Upstream People Gallery 7th Annual Color: Bold/Subtle Juried Online International Art Exhibition. An avid nature enthusiast, Maury moved back to Duluth in 2009, where he supplements his illustration work with wildlife photography and painting, hiking, skiing, and canoeing in the northern forests that border Canada. Maury lives with his wife, who works as a graphic designer at the university.
- Author(s)Walter Foster
- PublisherWalter Foster Publishing
- Date of Publication15/11/2012
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleLearn to Draw
- Place of PublicationLaguna Hills, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWalter Foster Publishing
- Out-of-print date18/11/2014
- Content Note125 colour illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.