American Legal History: Cases and Materials by President Kermit L Hall, University Paul Finkelman, Milton R Underwood Professor of Law and Professor of History James W Ely Jr (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $144.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $80.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis highly acclaimed text provides a comprehensive selection of the most important documents in American legal history, integrating the history of public and private law from America's colonial origins to the present. Devoting special attention to the interaction of social and legal change, American Legal History: Cases and Materials, Fourth Edition, shows how legal ideas developed in tandem with specific historical events and reveals a rich legal culture unique to America. The book also deals with state and federal courts and looks at the relationship between the development of American society, politics, and ecomy and how it relates to the evolution of American law. Introductions and instructive headtes accompany each document, tying legal developments to broader historical themes and providing a social and political context essential to an understanding of the history of law in America. Setting the legal challenges of the twenty-first century in a broad context, American Legal History, Fourth Edition, is an indispensable text for students and teachers of constitutional and legal history, the judicial process, and the effects of society on law.
- Author BiographyKermit L. Hall (1944-2006) was President of the University at Albany, State University of New York. Paul Finkelman is President William McKinley Distinguished Professor of Law and Public Policy and Senior Fellow in the Government Law Center at Albany Law School. James W. Ely, Jr., is Milton R. Underwood Professor of Law, Emeritus, and Professor of History, Emeritus, at Vanderbilt University.
- Author(s)Milton R Underwood Professor of Law and Professor of History James W Ely Jr,President Kermit L Hall,University Paul Finkelman
- PublisherOxford University Press Australia
- Date of Publication12/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2011
- ImprintOUP Australia and New Zealand
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1089 g
- Width165 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement4th
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.47New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $20.09New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.86Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.