All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhereas many of the men of Reagan's '80s seemed stereotypically hypermasculine, a host of '90s images suggest a new phase of more sensitive manhood. In the Clinton era, both academic and popular writers suggested that a crisis of masculinity had taken root - one that had men questioning traditional male ideas and seeking new identities. This book explores the conflicted ways in which this seemingly new climate of masculinity was negotiated. From Bill Clinton to The Promise Keepers and Titanic to Friends, a host of '90s heroes put this rhetoric of crisis to work to win elections, audience members, and ratings.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Brenton J. Malin is Assistant Professor in the Department of Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts at San Francisco State University. He received his Ph.D. in communication studies from the University of Iowa.
- Author(s)Brenton J. Malin
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitlePopular Culture and Everyday Life
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight300 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.69Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $21.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.