All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore Than 3 Million American Medical Association Books Sold From America's Most Trusted Health Authority, the Ultimate Guide to Understanding, Preventing, and Managing Type 2 Diabetes Millions of Americans have type 2 diabetes, and millions more are at risk of developing the disease. The good news is that it is both preventable and treatable. In the American Medical Association Guide to Living with Diabetes you'll learn everything you need to kw to prevent type 2 diabetes, take control of it if you already have it, and reduce your risk of life-threatening complications. This book provides clear, easy-to-understand explanations of what type 2 diabetes is, what causes it, and how to determine if you are at risk. You'll find a detailed, easy-to-follow program for preventing diabetes by eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly, and reaching and maintaining a healthy weight. If you are living with diabetes, this invaluable guide offers in-depth explanations of the recommended lifestyle changes that can help you manage the disease, stressing the importance of rigorous testing and control of your blood sugar to avoid complications. You will learn about the available medications for treating diabetes and about alternative and complementary therapies. The book also includes sections on gestational diabetes and the increasing threat that type 2 diabetes poses to at-risk children. By following the recommendations and guidelines in the American Medical Association Guide to Living with Diabetes, you can reduce or eliminate the symptoms, avoid or minimize the risk of serious complications, and become more physically fit, energetic, and alert. In fact, there's reason you can't be healthier than you've ever been.
- Author BiographyFor more than 150 years, the American Medical Association has been the leading group of medical experts in the United States and one of the most respected health-related organizations in the world. The AMA continues to work to advance the art and science of medicine and to be an advocate for patients and the voice of physicians in the United States.
- Author(s)American Medical Association,Boyd E. Metzger
- PublisherTurner Publishing Company
- Date of Publication25/09/2007
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight462 g
- Width175 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine16 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.