CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAfter September 11, 2001, the void left following the attack on the Twin Towers in the heart of New York was the visible symbol that there was to be a breaking point with the past. The attacks dramatically changed the everyday lives of the American people and the new devastating landscape led people to seek to restore the certainties that had been so suddenly shattered. In doing this, Americans went back to the historical myths in their culture. This book explores the collective memory and historical American myths like, for example, the myth of the incent nation and the frontier myth, and shows how some of these nationally considered historical truths have t disappeared, but were indeed exhumed in the music produced post-9/11.
- Author BiographyDaniele Cuffaro lives in Switzerland and has an MA in English and Italian Literature from the University of Zurich. He works in the literary archives of the Swiss Confederation in Bern and writes lyrics and plays the sax for the skauntry Irish folk band Vad Vuc.
- Author(s)Daniele Cuffaro
- PublisherSparkling Books Ltd
- Date of Publication23/08/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationSouthampton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSparkling Books Ltd
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.