All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
About this product
- DescriptionMore than one hundred works are catalogued in the second of two volumes devoted to the National Gallery of Art's holdings of nineteenth-century American paintings, including virtually all of the important portraits in the collection. Distinguished in part by the concentration of works by three preeminent artists, Thomas Sully, John Singer Sargent, and James McNeill Whistler, this collection also includes John Quidor's The Return of Rip van Winkle, Albert Pinkham Ryder's Siegfried and the Rhine Maidens, and Rembrandt Peale's Rubens Peale with a Geranium. The author has skillfully untangled the misattributions, misidentifications, and inaccurate provenances surrounding many of the paintings.
- Author(s)Deborah Chotner,Ellen G. Miles,Robert Wilson Torchia
- PublisherNational Gallery of Art,Washington
- Date of Publication07/01/1999
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Gallery of Art,Washington
- Content Note72 color, 135 b&w illus.
- Weight1971 g
- Width230 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.