All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCombining details of truck specifications, previoulsy unpublished images, lists of optional equipment, and industry facts and figures, this book reveals the important role played by the lightweight, high-production, and basic 1/2-ton pickup trick in American post-war society, a role often overshadowed by its innate ruggedness, reliability and utilitarian nature.As the 1950s progressed, so did the evolution of the pickup truck, which added more and more style, greater comfort, and ever increasing equipment options to its burgeoning model range. After the few drab colours first offered at the start of the decade, the pickup would assume similar styling and tri-coloured pastel paint finishes to its flashy sibling car versions.Focussing on truck specifications, optional equipment, and industry facts and figures, this book also highlights some of the rarer makes and models, and includes never before published images, revealing cutaway illustrations, and a dedicated chapter focussing on four very different design approaches form the decade.
- Author BiographyNorm Mort began taking pictures of old vehicles parked at the side of the road before he was ten. At twelve years of age Norm was the youngest member on the executive of the Antique and Classic Car Club of Canada, Toronto Chapter. In the 1960s he began accumulating photos and information on motoring. His personal vehicle collection has included everything from a 1922 D-Type Vauxhall and 1935 Morgan F2 to a 1966 Bianchina van and 1962 Studebaker Station Wagon. An international writer for magazines and newspapers in the field of transport for 25-years, this is his twelfth historic vehicles book.
- Author(s)Norm Mort
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/03/2016
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Series TitleThose Were the Days ... Series
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Content Note120
- Weight318 g
- Width205 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.