All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow religious are Americans these days? How many still believe in God, in Biblical miracles, in heaven and hell? Do people pray? How much money is being given to churches, by Episcopalians, Presbyterians, Roman Catholics, Lutherans, and other groups? American Piety, the first of a three-volume study of religious commitment, answers these and a host of other questions about the contemporary religious scene. Particularly startling are the contrasts in beliefs, practices, and experiences revealed among the eleven major Christian deminations whose membership is compared.
- Author BiographyRodney William Stark is Co-Director, Institute for Studies of Religion, Distinguished Professor of the Social Sciences at Baylor University. Charles Y. Glock was professor of sociology at University of California at Berkeley, California.
- Author(s)Charles Y. Glock,Rodney Stark
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication01/09/1970
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight49 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.