All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionInitially British officials of the American Revolutionary War were reluctant to accept the offers of loyal subjects to form fighting units but eventually the potential of a Provincial corps was realized. Yet they never received the whole-hearted support of the British regular army and this was a factor in their eventual defeat. Nonetheless the Provincial Corps served with distinction even fighting against the Spanish in Nicaragua and the Bahamas and some remained in service for several more years by relocating to Canada. This book examines their experiences in this continental conflict and details their uniforms and equipment.
- Author BiographyPhilip Katcher was born in Los Angeles, California, to parents involved in the film industry. He was educated at the University of Maryland and served in the US Army in Vietnam. He has also been an active participant in living history activities, especially in the 18th and 19th century periods. He has written a number of books on various periods of US military history and presently is editor/publisher of Military Images Magazine.
- Author(s)Philip Katcher
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/06/1973
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleMen-at-Arms
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content NoteIll.(some col.).
- Weight178 g
- Width180 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.