All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFormer U.S. Navy SEAL Chris Kyle tells the story of his legendary career, from 1999-2009, during which time he recorded the most confirmed sniper kills (officially a record 155, though the real number is even much higher) in the history of the United States military, any branch, from 1776 to present. Nicknamed The Legend by his fellow SEALS, Kyle's service in Iraq and Afghanistan earned him seven medals for bravery, including two Silver Stars. With the pacing of thriller, American Sniper vividly recounts Chief Kyle's experiences at key battles, including the March on Baghdad (beginning of Iraq War), Fallujah, Ramadi, and Sadr City. He was shot in both the helmet and back; he witnessed the death of his two closest friends. After his combat deployments, Kyle became the SEAL's chief sniper instructor, and he literally wrote the book on being a sniper: the Naval Special Warfare Sniper Doctrine, which is the first Navy SEAL sniper manual. Today he is the CEO of an international security and training corporation. American Sniper is the story of the accomplishments of a husband and father who went from a Texas rodeo cowboy to his country's most legendary sniper. It describes the challenges of keeping a marriage and family together, and how after four deployments, Kyle ultimately chose to return to his wife and two children. This is also the story of the men of SEAL Team 3 who fought and died as brothers with Kyle. American Sniper provides a rare, first-hand glimpse at the elite world of the SEALs and combat snipers who fought in a war where the Rules of Engagement only allowed for precise surgical strikes at the heart of a well-trained and well-organized opposition force, which had virtually Rules of Engagement .
- Author BiographySEAL Team 3 Chief Chris Kyle (1974-2013) was awarded two Silver Stars, five Bronze Stars with Valor, and numerous other citations. Following four combat tours in Iraq, he became chief instructor for training Naval Special Warfare sniper teams. He is the author of American Gun: A History of the U.S. in Ten Firearms. A native Texan, Kyle is survived by his wife, Taya, and their two children. Scott McEwen is a trial lawyer in San Diego. Jim DeFelice is the co-author of Chris Kyle's #1 New York Times bestseller American Sniper. He also is the author of Omar Bradley: General at War, the first in-depth critical biography of America's last five-star general, and the co-author of the New York Times bestseller Code Name: Johnny Walker: The Extraordinary Story of the Iraqi Who Risked Everything to Fight with the U.S. Navy SEALs. He writes acclaimed military thrillers, including the Rogue Warrior series from Richard Marcinko, founder of SEAL Team 6, and the novels in the Dreamland series with Dale Brown.
- Author(s)Chris Kyle,Jim DeFelice,Scott McEwen
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication29/01/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight263 g
- Width106 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.