All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are t transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products. Packages Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may t be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase. Used or rental books If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code. Access codes Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase. -- Current social welfare policy in the United States. Taking a policy analysis framework, American Social Welfare Policy: A Pluralist Approach, 7e is the most comprehensive and up-to-date textbook on the American welfare policy. The text provides a critical in-depth look at the major programs that make up the U.S. welfare state, including Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, and TANF. This text is available in a variety of formats - print and digital. Check your favorite digital provider for your etext, including Coursesmart, Kindle, Nook, and more. To learn more about our programs, pricing options and customization, click the Choices tab. Learning Goals Upon completing this book, readers will be able to: * Understand the social, political, and ecomic forces that shape social welfare policy. * Analyze the major programs that make up the U.S. welfare state. * Discuss basic social welfare concepts. 0205922406 / 9780205922406 American Social Welfare Policy: A Pluralist Approach Plus MySearchLab with eText -- Access Card Package Package consists of: 0205239927 / 9780205239924 MySearchLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card 0205848974 / 9780205848973 American Social Welfare Policy: A Pluralist Approach
- Author Biography
Howard Karger is Professor and Head of School, The University of Queensland. Howard was formerly Professor at the Graduate College of Social Work, University of Houston, and for seven years headed their doctoral program. He has been on the faculties of the University of Missouri-Columbia, Louisiana State University, and the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Prof. Karger is an internationally recognized scholar in social welfare policy, and has authored or co-authored 10 books and more than 80 articles and book chapters. His articles have appeared in major social work and social policy journals in the U.S. and abroad. Howard sits on the editorial boards of six journals.
Among his other books are Shortchanged: Life and Debt in the Fringe Economy (Berrett-Koehler, 2005), which won the 2006 Independent Publishers Award in Economics/Finance/ Investment.
Prof. Karger is a two-time Senior Fulbright Scholar, having done postings at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem (1989) and the University of Zimbabwe (1994).
David Stoesz is Professor of Social Work at Mississippi Valley State University.
- Author(s)David Stoesz,Howard Karger
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication15/01/2013
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight726 g
- Width203 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Online resource
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20