All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than 200 American style icons are illustrated and defined in this book dedicated to the ever-changing persona of fashion in the United States. In an insightful introduction, Harold Koda, curator of the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, shares his insights on American style throughout American history. Subjects include Courtney Love, Cindy Sherman, Las Vegas, Farrah Fawcett, the Black Panthers, Donna Karan, Bergdorf Goodman, Lilly Pulitzer, Stetson, the Rat Pack, Levi's, Barbie, Diane von Furstenberg, Vanity Fair, Tiffany's, Carolina Herrera, Charivari, Madonna, Diana Vreeland, the Playboy Bunny, Russell Simmons, and many more.
- Author BiographyKelly Bensimon is an author, model, jewelry designer, and former editor of Elle Accessories. She began her modeling career in New York City. She has appeared in magazines such as ELLE, Cosmopolitan, and Harper's Bazaar. She has authored several books with Assouline including In The Spirit of the Hamptons, American Style, and The Bikini Book. Kelly also wrote a column in Page Six Magazine called The Socializer: Kelly Killoren-Bensimon.
- Date of Publication30/09/2004
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Content Note200 colour and b&w illustrations
- Weight1905 g
- Width233 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.