All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.46
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.77
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.14
- AU $12.11Trending at AU $19.07
- AU $59.85Trending at AU $63.64
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $20.52
About this product
- DescriptionThe lives of congenial American fly-fisherman Billy and his younger sister Alice meander alongside the Susquehanna River in this offbeat coming-of-age vel of death, madness, and fishing by debut author Karen Fielding. What starts out as a frolic of losers and drifters along the American riverscape flows into something more sinister when twelve-year-old Billy Sycamore encounters a stranger in the woods, while Alice is left to deal with the fall-out. In the spirit of Richard Brautigan's Trout Fishing in America and idiosyncratic like a George Saunders story, American Sycamore is a funny and fractious narrative about growing up in a small town in rtheast America, with t a lot to do, but a whole lot to worry about.
- Author BiographyKaren Fielding lives in London and has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Journalism from Boston University and an MA in Creative Writing from Goldsmith's College. The chapter City of Brotherly of Love was published in Lost on Purpose by Seal Press and the first five chapters published in an anthology called Goldfish from Goldsmith's College for the best writing in the last five years. Fielding's poetry has appeared in literary journals Browse and Zinc in Paris; news articles have appeared in The Argus newspaper in Cape Town, South Africa, The Advocate newspaper in Provincetown, MA.; and Newsweek magazine in New York.
- Author(s)Karen Fielding
- PublisherPoetry Wales Press
- Date of Publication14/02/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBridgend
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.