All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionCritics frequently describe the influence of America, through Hollywood and other cultural industries, as a form of cultural imperialism. This unidirectional model of interaction does t address, however, the counter-flows of Chinese-language films into the American film market or the influence of Chinese filmmakers, film stars, and aesthetics in Hollywood. The aim of this collection is to (re)consider the complex dynamics of transnational cultural flows between American and Chinese-language film industries. The goal is to bring a more historical perspective to the subject, focusing as much on the Hollywood influence on early Shanghai or postwar Hong Kong films as on the intensifying flows between American and Chinese-language cinemas in recent decades. Contributors emphasize the processes of appropriation and reception involved in transnational cultural practices, examining film production, distribution, and reception.
- Author BiographyLisa Funnell is a Lecturer in the Women's and Gender Studies Program at the University of Oklahoma, USA. She is co-editor of Transnational Asian Identities in Pan-Pacific Cinemas: The Reel Asian Exchange (Routledge, 2012). Man-Fung Yip is an Assistant Professor in the Film and Media Studies Program at the University of Oklahoma, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/10/2014
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Film Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byLisa Funnell,Man-Fung Yip
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.