All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationIn the vein of "Bend It Like Beckham", and "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", "Americanizing Shelley" is a contemporary 'Pygmalion' like comedy, set in LA, featuring an American country boy and a Himalayan village belle, thrown together in this "Middle America" meets "Middle East" charmer. Responding to a challenge thrown by the CEO of a Hollywood management company (Bridges), "Americanizing Shelley" tells the story of a wanna-be Hollywood player from the deep South, who sets out to Americanize an Inidian girl straight from the Himalayas. As he creatively teaches her all about the American way of life and what it takes to be a Hollywood celebrity, he ends up learning a thing or two about his own life. Their clash in cultures soon gives way to understanding, unity and love as they begin to see the world through each others eyes.
- TitleAmericanizing Shelley
- Product Release Date10/09/2008
- Theatrical Release Year2007
- Number of Discs1
- ActorsAjay Mehta,Beau Bridges,Brad Raider,David Blume,Erin Hershey,Gerry Bednob,Kareem Abdul-Jabbar,Morgan Brittany,Namrata Singh Gujral,Noureen DeWulf,Phillip Rhys,Robert M. Rey,RonReaco Lee,Shaheen Khan,Teresa Berkin,Tony Yalda,Traber Burns,Wil Wheaton
- DirectorsLorraine Senna
- Rating InfoMild Themes
- Run Time90 minutes
- Primary GenreDrama
- Sub GenreComedy,Romance
- Tag LineYou Can't Curry Love!
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
Save on DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
- AU $128.95Trending at AU $156.15
- AU $34.99Trending at AU $66.89
- AU $115.00Trending at AU $126.52
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $24.66
- AU $74.20Trending at AU $79.65
- AU $13.25Trending at AU $17.89
- AU $74.24Trending at AU $94.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.