All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionSince 1995, amateur, commercial, and professional bakers have competed in the National Pie Championships to determine who makes the best pies in America. America's Best Pies 2016-2017 is a collection of nearly two hundred delicious recipes that have won awards at the National Pie Championships. From the unusual--deep-dish deluxe banana split pie--to the traditional, such as apple pie, every recipe has been reviewed by judges and determined to be an award-winning pie. These selections are considered some of the best of the best from across the country. When you start making these pies at home, you'll see why! America's Best Pies 2016-2017 is packed with color photographs of the pies you'll learn to make and love. As a special treat to give you a taste of what the championships are like, many of the photographs are of the actual pies entered in the competition. The recipes inside are clearly explained so that the expert and the future expert pie-maker can enjoy alike. Whether it's apple, custard, strawberry, or raisin that captures your taste buds, you're sure to find a recipe that you can't wait to try. Just be sure to share your tantalizing creations with friends and family, and get ready to serve seconds! Skyhorse Publishing, along our Good Books and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of cookbooks, including books on juicing, grilling, baking, frying, home brewing and winemaking, slow cookers, and cast iron cooking. We've been successful with books on gluten-free cooking, vegetarian and vegan cooking, paleo, raw foods, and more. Our list includes French cooking, Swedish cooking, Austrian and German cooking, Cajun cooking, as well as books on jerky, canning and preserving, peanut butter, meatballs, oil and vinegar, bone broth, and more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyThe American Pie Council (APC) is the only organization committed to preserving America's pie heritage and promoting Americans' love affair with pies. Each year the American Pie Council hosts the National Pie Championships where amateur, professional, and commercial pie bakers can compete in their categories for the best pies in the country. Linda Hoskins has served as the executive director of the American Pie Council since 2000. Along with a strong board of directors, Linda has been responsible for gathering all aspects of the pie industry together for the National Pie Championships, the Great American Pie Festival, and the Pie Industry Seminar. Linda has been a judge for the Food Network and the Travel Channel and has been named to Baking Management's Influential 20 in both 2009 and 2011. Linda and her husband, Richard, have two children and three grandchildren. She lives in Lake Forest, Illinois.
- Author(s)American Pie Council,Linda Hoskins
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication06/09/2016
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Content NoteColor photos throughout
- Weight1314 g
- Width203 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.