All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA reference guide to the most significant films ever made in the United States. Chosen by filmmakers and the public under the auspices of the Library of Congress, the 450 titles in the National Film Registry run the gamut from big-budget Hollywood blockbusters to landmark independent, documentary, animation and avant-garde masterpieces and experimental shorts. Unlike opinionated Top 100 and arbitrary Best Of lists, these are the real thing: groundbreaking films that make up the backbone of American cinema. Some are well-kwn, such as Citizen Kane , The Jazz Singer , All Quiet on the Western Front , The Birth of a Nation , and Boyz n the Hood . Others are more obscure, such as Blacksmith Scene (1893), The Blue Bird (1918), The Docks of New York (1928), Star Theatre (1902), and A Bronx Morning (1914). These are the films that made the medium what it is today.Daniel Eagan's beautifully written and authoritative book is for anyone who loves movies and who wants to learn more about them. An introduction explains how the National Film Registry was formed, and the ongoing need for film preservation. Each entry includes cast and crew credits and a sypsis that explains the importance of the film as well as where and how it was made. Rounding out the entries are sequels, remakes, source materials and information about where to view the films. Organized alphabetically for easy browsing, it can also be read straight through as a history of film.
- Author BiographyDaniel Eagan has worked for Warner Bros., MGM, and other studios as a researcher and story analyst. He edited HBO's Guide to Movies on Videocassette and Cable TV (HarperCollins) and MGM: When the Lion Roars (Turner Publishing), to which he also contributed articles. He currently writes for Film Journal, and lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Daniel Eagan
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication26/01/2010
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note50 bw illustrations
- Weight1429 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine41 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.