All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA look at America's WWII home front programs, including some that might be needed or useful in the next global war. Asks whether 21st Century Americans can make the adjustments and sacrifices necessary for a similar effort. Seven pages of WWII home front photos.
- Author BiographyTHE AUTHOR Carroll Trosclair is a retired news editor and public relations executive who grew up in Houma, Louisiana. When he was 11, his family moved to New Orleans a few weeks before the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. He has had a keen interest in World War II since his family gathered in their New Orleans apartment to hear radio reports of the attack and President Roosevelt deliver his day of infamy speech to Congress the next day. He was still 15 when the war ended in 1945, so he did not serve during WWII, as his father did. Trosclair was later drafted for the Korean War, but was assigned to the United States occupation of Germany, where American and Russian troops were keeping a close eye on each other while their allies fought in Korea. He was stationed in Vilseck at the Seventh Army Tank Training Center. Upon returning to the United States he resumed his career as a newsman at the New Orleans States, a now defunct afternoon newspaper. Having earned a journalism degree from Loyola University in New Orleans, he used his GI Bill to get a masters degree in public opinion and propaganda from Louisiana State university in Baton Rouge. In the following years he served as New Orleans bureau manager for United Press International, as press secretary to U.S. Senator Allen J. Ellender (then president pro-tem of the Senate), as vice president of the Federal Intermediate Credit Bank of New Orleans and as president of two public relations agencies. He and his first wife, Genevieve Negrotto Trosclair, had three children. She died of cancer in 1994. He later married Betty Brooks Rombach, a long-time friend of the family.. They have lived in Kenner, Louisiana since 1997.
- Author(s)MR Carroll Paul Trosclair
- Date of Publication13/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.